Wednesday, November 21, 2007

VIRGIN BLOG

So ok, it’s taken me a while to get around to blogging but I’m finally here. The thing is what to write about? I spend my life writing – it’s what pays the bills, but it’s usually what my editors or companies want me to write about. This is weird – here I am, for the first time in 20 years of journalism and I can write about anything I like. Moan about anyone or anything I want. Go off at the world or just stick to good old Zuma and Manto, with a rant about SA rugby and the price of petrol thrown in… Nah – I’ll leave that to other journos.

I could write about being a mum to a 20 and 17 year old – a whole story in itself, but people without kids particularly find that more than a bit boring. Then again there’s useful tips picked up on a daily basis – really useful stuff like how to get dog pee out of carpets or where to get a really authentic Margarita. I could also write endlessly about acquaintances who are getting divorced, got divorced or are simply sleeping with additional partners – but if you don’t know the people concerned then also -not so interesting.

Looking at my life in the last week I do think, if anything, it’s a bit of a comedy – not at the time, but looking back… Monday was no internet – which lasted ‘til Wednesday, meaning Telkom is improving. I have to say that as they’re clients of mine. Then Tuesday no cellphone – battery problems and as it’s a newish cell phone didn’t want to fork out for a new battery. Wednesday – 3G card which I had to use as I didn’t have internet, wouldn’t let me send emails, only receive them – bummer when you’re trying to put a corporate newsletter together. Thursday – things started to look up – even went to tea at The Westcliff Hotel – great view, rip off on the food. Then TGIF – a drive to the hairdresser and boom, a silly woman (being polite for the sake of minors who may read this) went right thru a stop street and into the side of Polly – my new Polo! Her words of remorse were ‘sorry’. Sorry! Does she know the hours she cost me trying to make sense of what the woman at Outsurance was trying to tell me – another rip off for a separate blog. Then the drive to be ‘assessed’ and of course five days no car…

Oops, this has become a rant – kinda like it though. It’s therapeutic. Maybe psychologists could recommend it as part of psychotherapy – share your random feelings with anyone bored enough to listen. If that’s you then watch this space.

1 comment:

ingrid rubin said...

Hi Marion
What a wonderful entry, I love it! I wish I could write like this. Remember the opportunity to tag key words and add links.
Look forward to reading more. This could be published and then you know it is not a blog but a BLOOK!
Ciao, Ingrid